Saturday, October 16, 2010

What a Day!

It's 12:15 in the morning, and already my birthday is off to an amazing start, despite some detours along the way.  Okay, the detours started yesterday, but yesterday was the start to all my celebrating!  The day started off relatively uneventful.  Got the kids up for school, made their lunches, rushed them out of the house to cash Grandma's check for the jog-a-thon, dropped them off at school and came home to get the house cleaned and laundry finished (so I wouldn't have to think about it on my actual birthday, of course.) 

It all took a detour when I misheard my sister when she asked me to pick up her son from kindergarten.  I didn't hear her say that "they" had errands to run and I assumed (you know what they say about that) that someone was home when I dropped him off.   I then went on a ten minute drive with my daughter (also in kinder) and my two year old son to trick him into falling asleep.

Long story short, no one was home in his house or mine (I live around the corner,) and he was extremely scared.  I can't imagine how scared he felt, but thankfully my sister got home shortly after I dropped him off, and I followed not too long after.  However, this does not change the fact that my awesome little man of a nephew was scared out of his mind, my sister was scared and frustrated, and I felt HORRIBLE!   Thankfully, this conflict had a happy ending, and I for one, learned a valuable lesson!  To my sister and nephew...I'm still so, so, sorry!

Despite this horrific event, the rest of the day/night was amazing.  My sister and her husband made the best birthday dinner EVER!  And my BFF threw me the best cocktail party.  Great people, great stories, great times!  The only down sides?  Not obtaining my writing goal for the day, and eating and drinking too much great food and tasty beverages!  Now I'm going to have to kick my running up a notch and write twice as much tomorrow in between soccer games and the neighborhood Halloween party.  Looking forward to every minute of it all, thanks everyone involved in making my prebirthday amazing and awesome!

All in all, great start to a great birthday!  Thank everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment