- I'm deathly afraid of fire. I'm not really sure why, but I have always attributed to my mom stopping to check out a huge fire as it engulfed three houses. I'm not sure how old I was, but I don't think older than eight. Back then it was okay to leave kids in the car, so she and my older sister got out to see what they could, leaving me and my little sister to watch alone in horror. Okay, so it was only horrifying to me but whatever. I've been afraid of fire ever since.
- I love Mexican food. I could probably eat Mexican food close to every day, if my family would let me.
- I once dated a younger man. Okay, so he was only two years younger, but still. This was my "be young and irresponsible" stage. I just couldn't say no, he was so pretty, and so damn fun.
- The younger man phase also brought about a piercing stage. I didn't pierce too much, just my tongue and belly…but for me that was a lot!
- I am a USC graduate. I graduated from the Marshall School of Business in 1997. Fight on, Trojans!
- When I was at USC I had joined the Young Republicans. After dragging my most liberal friend to one of the meetings I realized I wasn't really as right-winged as they were. Instead I fit in somewhere in the middle. Needless to say, we never went back!
- I love to ride dirt bikes. My sister Patty over at Simplicity in Volumes got me into it when we moved out to the Inland Empire five years ago. Riding season is upon us and I can hardly wait to get back out there!
- I love to cook. I don't really have enough time to be a creative cook anymore with three kids, but I still enjoy it.
- I have jumped out of a perfectly good airplane, twice. It was the most amazing experience. Free falling out of an airplane was the only time in my life that I have ever felt truly at peace – absolutely amazing!
- The only things I miss about growing up in Utah are the four seasons. It just doesn't feel right to be in shorts and a t-shirt on Christmas morning. Of course, as soon as Christmas is over I don't want to have anything to do with the snow and cold unless I'm skiing in it.
Now it is time to pass on this award. Quinn wasn't exactly sure what the award was supposed to be for so he passed it on to those he felt were honest in their postings, so I will do the same:
Even though I've been slacking since November 1st, I really do enjoy your blogs. Thank you for your honesty!