Tuesday, November 2, 2010

NaNoWriMo

NaNoWriMo is finally here and I am so excited to be participating.  I began writing at midnight on November 1st, pumping out my first 256 words.  By eight in the morning I was already feeling behind.  Some of my writing group had stayed up later and got their word count beyond 700, even 1000 words.  By noon, I just wanted to start writing.  This is easier said than done since I have a 2 year old, 5 year old and 6 year old who all need my attention in the middle of the day. 

Finally, at two o'clock, my nephew came over and the kids happily played outside together until my 6 year old got home from school at three o'clock.  I managed to get out another 400 or so words, which made me feel better until I could escape everyone and really put my mind to it. 

After dinner, I headed upstairs and locked myself away for the rest of the night (with a short break to read to the kids and tuck them in for the night) and ended my day with 2,135 words.  Not bad for a first day!  Now if only I can keep it up.

Today has already started out  much slower.  Kids are cranky and I have a miserable head cold slowing my thought process.  Later today I have to take my daughter to the doctor which is an hour away (we live in the middle of nowhere and I've refused to give up my Orange County doctors.) Somewhere in that mix I also need to find time to review the propositions and head to the poles to vote!!!!  And if all that isn't enough, at the end of my day I need to finish up some work that I do on the side so that it isn't looming and impeding my writing!  Phew...I'm tired just thinking about it all!

I am, however, determined not to fall behind!  I will find a way to squeeze in a little writing here and there today, and stay up later than I should to get in at least the minimum words for the day!  So here's to another productive day, wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Ooh good luck!

    I am managing to keep slightly ahead of the daily goals so far, which may make it a lot easier on me as the month progresses.

    But then again, my schedule is pretty much about whether I should write or study and for how long I should be doing either.

    My username is iceangel if you want to buddy up. Just mail me to let me know if you do, please. For some reason I am never informed when people buddy up with me.

    Best of luck!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete